0 Comments

Friday, September 12, 2014

Book Review: Seriously, I'm Kidding by Ellen Degeneres


Goodreads:

"Sometimes the greatest things are the most embarrassing." Ellen Degeneres' winning, upbeat candor has made her show one of the most popular, resilient and honored daytime shows on the air. (To date, it has won no fewer than 31 Emmys.) Seriously... I'm Kidding, Degeneres' first book in eight years, brings us up to date about the life of a kindhearted woman who bowed out of American Idol because she didn't want to be mean. Lively; hilarious; often sweetly poignant. 








I loved this book, the only problem I had with it is that when I read it around my family members and laughed out loud, they looked at me as if I lost it. Pfft. Seriously though, this book is hilarious and inspiring at the very same time. Ellen is such a kind hearted person and you can tell that she is more than a comedian through her writing. She loves her wife and her life and is at a happy place and most people strive to accomplish that. "Happiness is a journey, not a destination."

Ellen takes us through her journey to become who she is now through comedy and satire. She highlights some serious topics as well, she believes in honesty and hard-work. 

One of my favorite quotes that she mentioned in the book is :

"You have the power to change your own mind-set so that all the negative, horrible thoughts that try to invade your psyche are replaced with happy, positive thoughts." 

which is true, happiness is a state of mind and you get to control your own mood. It doesn't depend on anyone but yourself.

This was a truly inspiring read and I recommend it to everyone.

Have a great day everyone! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You comments make my day! So thank youuu :) <3

Follow
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...