Hello everyone! I haven't been tagged by anyone to do this tag, but I'll do it anyways! I saw it on booktube and decided I'm going to do it :)
According to my mood pretty much, I stare at my TBR shelves and the first book I lay my hands on, I read next!
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
Depends on the book, if I've heard good things about it, I will surely finish it. If it's just not for me and it hasn't intrigued me in any way, I put it down. I have done this to only 4 or 5 books though that are the worst I've ever read.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
I try to catch up! I'm so competitive and I love me a challenge. I was 20 books behind this summer (due to excessive school work) so I started reading like crazy. Two tips I'd recommend are (1) Reading short books, maybe novellas. (2) Listening to audio-books.
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
Unlike everyone, I'm not really annoyed by that matter. Besides, where I live, they sell paperbacks and I buy the whole series at once. It's not an issue really..
5. Every one and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
Goodreads is my place to go.. I don't have any avid reader friends, sadly. Usually, I'll find someone somewhere on goodreads that dislikes the same book as I do. Although I rarely dislike a book, everyone else I know in real life loved Fifty Shades of Grey, most booktubers didn't and I was extremely thankful for that, since I was so lost and confused. I wanted to discuss this, okay? haha
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
I let it out! haha, I really don't care about what others think. When I was reading The Maze Runner, I cried and people haven't really noticed. It's not like I'm going to read TFIOS or The Book Thief in public though, I know better. These books will make you live in your bed for a couple of days.
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?
I'm NEVER a re-reader. I would never re-read a book, unless it's crucial. The logical thing that I do is go on a beautiful place called the internet and find myself a detailed summary/ recaption of the first book. They usually refresh my brain and then I continue on with the rest of the books. If it has been like 2 years or 3, I will re-read the book. (I guess I'll re-read unwind because I've read it in 2012.) Marathoning series it totally my thing, I like reading them back to back to back! :)
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
Hahaha! I don't get why would someone ask you to borrow your books anyways, they should at least wait until you offer or something. One thing I do, is that I tell them someone else is borrowing that book. If I trust that person with my book, I will let them borrow it. (Not a lot of people ask to borrow my books, thank God.)
9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
Ohh, that would be depressing. I usually will read a book I REALLY want to read, I never put down an overly hyped book; I would read that. Overly hyped books arouse my curiosity, I keep wondering what about them is that interesting that everyone else loves them? Although that would never happen with me. If I'm in a reading slump though, I don't read. I will catch up on some TV shows or listen to an audio book. Reading slumps usually fix themselves, I get interested afterwards so I ease myself back into reading with an intriguing dystopian or a light contemporary.
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
Only the ones I've been anticipating, I'm trying to stop myself from buying books. If my TBR shelf goes down, I will allow myself to buy all the books I need. Does anyone else fail at keeping their TBR shelf minimal? I surely am not the only one..
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
This is the embarrassing part, books sit on my shelves for several months and years. If this book I've bought and I've been wanting for a long time, I will get to it right away. There are just too many books and too little time, if only they'd do something about that.. maybe stop time? Increase our reading speed? I would fly through my TBR shelves.. Okay I'm daydreaming, I need to stop..
This was the end of the tag everyone! :) I hope you have an amazing day x
Izzy @ The Reading Izzy
Evie @ Prescription Fiction
Jules @ The Book of Jules
Gloria @ Gloria The Violinist
Melissa @ In a Bookish World