0 Comments

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

MY TBR SITUATION | April & May 2015

Hello you lovely human beings! 

I need to tell you about my TBR situation asap, I'm currently suffering to read. Why you might ask? I'm an IGCSE student and unfortunately, my exams start this Friday.

I'm extremely scared and unprepared, I will only read one book a month these couple of months, that is IF I managed to read at all. As most of you know, English is not my first language, Arabic is. I'm taking Arabic as one of my subjects, therefore, I'll be reading more Arabic books these days for the sake of improving my writing so I can get a higher grade.

I hope you all understand where I'm coming from here, but on the bright side, I'm currently reading an amazing book that I'm loving so far! 

It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini (Add to Goodreads)

Goodreads Summary:

Ambitious New York City teenager Craig Gilner is determined to succeed at life - which means getting into the right high school to get into the right job. But once Craig aces his way into Manhattan's Executive Pre-Professional High School, the pressure becomes unbearable. He stops eating and sleeping until, one night, he nearly kills himself.

Craig's suicidal episode gets him checked into a mental hospital, where his new neighbors include a transsexual sex addict, a girl who has scarred her own face with scissors, and the self-elected President Armelio. There, Craig is finally able to confront the sources of his anxiety.

Ned Vizzini, who himself spent time in a psychiatric hospital, has created a remarkably moving tale about the sometimes unexpected road to happiness. 


Anyways, I'll get back to you with a review when I'm done with it, not a wrap up though because there's nothing to wrap up haha

Have you read this book yet? Tell me down below in the comments :) 

P.S. If you're interested to know about the Arabic books that I'll be reading, you can also comment down below telling me if you'd like to see a TBR, but I know most of you don't care so.. hahaha 

I hope you all have an amazing, lovely day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

You comments make my day! So thank youuu :) <3

Follow
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...