So today I finally bring you my long awaited favorite books of 2015. I know its mid January, but better late than never right? I hope so..
On this list, there are some controversial books and I will mention them when we come to them, but I'll also link any reviews that I have written about the books mentioned. This list is in no particular order, it's just in the order that I have read the books.
1. The Shatter Me series. I have read the whole trilogy this year and I love it so much! It's basically The Hunger Games meets X-men. It was more than amazing with poetic writing.
2. Falling into Place by Amy Zhang. I went into this book with zero expectations, I loved the cover so much and it interested me that the author was only 17, so I was excited to read this book. It didn't fail me. I felt so many emotions and it seriously could be one of my all-time favorites.
3. Now onto some controversy, Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. Some say that this book sucked because it was a hybrid of all you can read Dystopias. My response to that is DUH, this is a very late coming dystopian/fantasy book, it is completely normal to read such a book and feel similarities to other dystopia especially that the dystopian era has just died and people got tired of them. I personally loved this book and Glass Sword, the second book is on my most anticipated books of 2016 list.
4. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. This book also received some hate, some said it had a lot of potential and that they were disappointed by the ending, but I thought it was amazing and I absolutely love me some well-done psychological thriller.
5. Confess by Colleen Hoover. This is no surprise here, Colleen is one of my favorite authors of all time. She writes New Adult books, so refraining away from YA and it has mature content. Her books always kill me, but I love them so much. This one in particular holds a great story line and the concept of it is genius. I loved it.
6. Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. This book. This gave me all the happy feels. It's about a boy who is gay and no one knows about it except this boy who he met online who goes to the same school as him, but his identity is unknown to us as readers and to Simon himself. He goes by the name of Blue, but Simon falls for him. We join him on his journey to find who the mysterious Blue is. The romance in this made me so happy! This book was funny and snarky, I adore Simon and I loved every single minute of it. READ IT!
7. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. This book was more than amazing, this series is definitely my favorite series of all time next to Harry Potter. It's THAT good. I loved the kickass heroine and it's a book about a female assassin, what's not to love? This is a 6 book series, I read the first 2 in 2015 and plan to read the other two books that are already out this year. I loved this so much.
8. Every Day by David Levithan. This story is about 'A' who wakes up in a different body every day, the mere idea of this book is brilliant. I adored the story and loved the characters. This is a book that will make you think for a very long time. It's hard to get this book out of your head, David Levithan is a great author as well that I've discovered in 2015.
9. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon. A 2015 debut and a masterpiece. I received this book for review and I couldn't be happier about it then. It blew my mind how good it was. It's about a girl who is literally allergic to everything, but falls in love with her neighbor who recently moved in.
So these were my top 10 books of 2015, what were yours? I would love it if you left me some comments down below♥
Have a great day!