TOP TEN TUESDAY is a meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
These are 10 books I'll probably never read. I just want to clarify that most of these books are wildly popular and I don't intend on offending any one. This is just my personal opinion and these books don't interest me in any way possible. I also have NOTHING against these authors and their books, but to each their own. Because these books don't personally spark my interest, doesn't mean they won't spark yours.
These are the biggest shockers I guess..
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare: This is a 6 book series. I can't commit to reading it all and I seriously am not interested. I will be reading The Infernal Devices series though, maybe if I liked them enough, I'll give these a try.
- The Selection by Kiera Cass: This was initially a trilogy, then it got extended into a series. I will find it hard enough to read because it's a dystopian and I'm genuinely sick of those.
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo: I don't think I'll be picking this up soon, but I heard amazing things about it. There is a 20% chance I'll be reading this in the distant future. It's just that the premise doesn't interest me at the moment. Nonetheless, I really want to read anything by Leigh Bardugo because I've heard she's an amazing author. Maybe I'll give the first book a try?.. we'll see.
- Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead: This is a very long series as well and I won't commit. I was into the vampire trend back in 2010. I still love Twilight and The Vampire Diaries, but this book I won't be getting into and I know that for sure.
- The Young Elites by Marie Lu: I was very excited for this one, even though I still have to read Legend, but I don't think I'll be picking it up soon as well. This isn't a standalone, and it really gets on my nerves when I start a series and don't finish it. Therefore, I won't be reading this one nor giving it a try. The kids with super powers thing has been done before.
- Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick: I've read Black Ice by this author and it was a disaster. I wasn't a huge fan of the writing nor the characters. Although this series has been on my radar before booktube (probably because of the beautiful covers), but it's a 4 book series and nobody seems to say anything fairly good about it so.. sorry.
- Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater: THE IRRITATION. I have picked this book up 4 times. I always, ALWAYS put it down 10 chapters in. This just happens every fucking time and I hate the fact that this happens and I'll never pick it up EVER again. It's just meant to be dnf'd. Although Maggie is an amazing writer, I've heard amazing things about the rest of her books, so don't judge her according to this sucky series.
- Matched by Allie Condie: I have no interest in reading this series as well, I've heard pretty terrible things about the rest of the series.
- Leap of Faith by Danielle Steel: This book man, I've picked it up 3 times and put it down. Just like Shiver. I've read Malice by Danielle Steel and wow, that book blew me away! But this one, I'm not so sure about..
- After by Anna Todd: I had to leave the worst one for last. What the fuck has happened to the universe?! Books like After, 50 Shades of Grey and Bared to You are like the most popular books among teenagers at my school (and every school where I live). WHY WHYYYYY!!! I keep groaning in agitation whenever I see people holding these books or reading them. My sister has only read one book in her life - Looking for Alaska by John Green aka my favorite John Green book - and I pushed her into it. She came to ask me about the previously mentioned books and whether I own them because everyone raves about them and she wants to give them a try. I almost slapped her and for two reasons. Firstly, these aren't good books and there are many amazing books which need to be more over-hyped. Secondly, because she's freaking 14!!! Hormonal teenagers reading sexual adult books has been a trend these days and this needs to stop. Seriously.
And this concludes my rather angry post for the day. If any of your favorite books were mentioned above, please don't be offended and tell me down below which one of these I need to take off of the list and read! :)
Have an amazing day!♥