0 Comments

Friday, February 27, 2015

Book Review: Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi (Shatter Me #2)




If you haven't read Shatter Me, don't read this review as it contains spoilers for it. Check out my review of Shatter Me here


Goodreads Synopsis:

tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
it's almost
time for war.

Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her—people with gifts—and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance.

She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.

Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.

In this exhilarating sequel to Shatter Me, Juliette has to make life-changing decisions between what she wants and what she thinks is right. Decisions that might involve choosing between her heart—and Adam's life.



This series is slowly climbing it's way up to my all-time favorites. I cannot talk about this without spoiling it so... GO READ IT. It's better than Shatter Me, a million times. One thing that I say is a must is that you read the novella Destroy Me before reading this book! It will change everything and I couldn't put it down! I've read it in like an hour or two.. (thank you Yvonne if you're reading this <3)

Can we also just admire the covers of these series? I can't stop staring!! They get better as the series goes.

SPOILERS 
(highlight to view)


Once again, this book starts with Juliette being a whiny bitch! She doesn't even try to cope with the kick-ass people who are exactly like her and who are clearly trying to help her. Nothing frustrates me more than a main character who has a potential to be strong and doesn't cease the opportunity to do so, she was acting like a baby all the time .

In chapter 21, Kenji scolds Juliette for being a kid and I literally put down the book and applauded him. 



I'm team Warner now. Obviously. Does anybody watch the Vampire Diaries? It's kind of similar; Elena makes Damon a better person and so does Juliette with Warner. Whenever Juliette's with Adam, she leans on him and he weakens her.. he always wants to help her and step in for her and same goes with Juliette. Whenever she's with Adam, she literally drains him out of his powers. One of the main reasons that I'm team Warnette is that Warner actually sees Juliette in a new light, he doesn't see her as a threat but as something great. He doesn't want to hone her powers so she would become his little weapon, but for her own good. He sees the great in her and he wants to genuinely help her because he loves her. Which makes my heart warm up with fuzzies. 

Speaking of Vampire Diaries and The Originals, does anyone else imagine Warner as a more muscular version of Joesph Morgan? (Klaus from TVD). Warner keeps calling Juliette "love" and that reminds me of Klaus.. P.S. I have a ginormous crush on Joseph Morgan so yay, more points to Warner. Haha

My favorite scene in the book is when Warner and Juliette meet for the first time after she shot him and after the dog incident (which actually made me smile like an idiot). Warner reciting the contents of Juliette's notebook .. their tension and their natural chemistry is AMAZING!! More points to Warner there too.




HA! When I found out that "Aaron" - Warner- and Adam were brothers my Delena/Stelena theory made me laugh. It was a good resemblance on my part and it actually is an interesting revelation. My jaw dropped. That definitely means that Anderson has powers as well.. AND CAN MAYBE EVEN TOUCH JULIETTE. (I mean James does too, that kid is adorable.) Who knows? It'll take me a while to get to Ignite Me and Fracture Me unfortunately.

The fact that Warner has a 'harnessing' gift was kind of expected for me. It would take this trilogy into a new direction, I'm quite sure he'll join Juliette and the others to go against his dad? But what will Adam do though? He'll FLIP. 

I also can't wait till Warner finds out that Adam is his BROTHER. So much I need to know and I will not accept being spoiled for.. 

Have you read Unravel Me? Tell me down below what you thought! :) 

Have a great day everybody! 




4 comments:

  1. Of course I'm reading it, Jayy!! I've actually been waiting for you to finally post your review, haha. :D ♥

    I loooove that you feel the same way as I did! I agree with you about Juliette, she really was whiny in the beginning but after she finally "got her shit together", she was actually pretty awesome!

    And ohhh my god, you're right! That Vampire Diaries comparison you made is actually so true! And I'd totally agree (I'm Team Delena, so even more yay!) - the same goes btw for Joseph Morgan ... I loooove him although I don't watch "The Originals" anymore (because of the weird plot, which I did not like at all) I still love him as Klaus! He'd be a good Warner I think ... maybe a little younger? Or what about this guy? I think he's extreeeemely hot and ughhh whenever I think of Warner HE comes to my mind :D

    Anyways, I loved your review (as usual) and can't wait for you to read the novella and then finally Ignite Me (which is easily the best!) ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me ages to reply to your comment, oh my god, it's embarrassing (I'm sorry)

      Aww that's so sweet Yvonne, you're literally the sweetest of bloggers!♥

      Right? I hate it when female protagonists with so much potential do that, she is amazing! She should've acted on it earlier.

      I'M SOOOO GLAD I'm not the only one on that! hahaha, I felt like I was too obsessed with TVD to actually picture them as anything else. (TEAM DELENA FOREVER♥, they're my number 1 TV/ real life otp). I haven't caught up on The Originals in sooo long, I need to.. what happened with the plot?? (don't tell me, but I'm curious)

      YOUR LINK DOESN'T WORK, show me show me show me. *tweeting you about the Warner guy rn*

      Aww, thank youu pretty! I cannot wait either, I'll be sure to flood your dms with fangirling (if you don't mind)♥

      Delete
    2. Gooood, stop it! *blushes* :D ♥

      Delena is life. Just ugh, I can't with these two, I love them so much. I'm not going to tell you anything about The Originals (especially because I CAN'T - I haven't continued watching it after the first few episodes) - do you plan on watching it again?

      I NEVER mind! You can message me anytime, about whatever's on your mind! You know I love talking to you! :D <3

      Delete
  2. Did you know that you can create short links with OUO and earn cash from every visitor to your short urls.

    ReplyDelete

You comments make my day! So thank youuu :) <3

Follow
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...