0 Comments

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Review | Never Never: Part 1 & 2 by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher

Goodreads Summary

Best friends since they could walk. In love since the age of fourteen. 
Complete strangers since this morning. 

He'll do anything to remember. She'll do anything to forget.


*4.5/5 stars*

A girl, Charlie suddenly doesn't remember who she is, where she is and what happened to her. She soon discovers that she has a boyfriend - Silas- who she later finds out that he as well doesn't have any recollections of who he is and what has happened to him. 

Charlie and Silas try to unravel the mystery behind their strange and sudden memory loss and if this alone doesn't intrigue you to read this fantastic book, then I don't know what will. This is added to the list of my favorite Colleen Hoover books, along with Confess & Maybe Someday

The writing is impeccable and if you haven't read anything by this talented lady, then I sure as hell recommend it. I read this novella and the second one both in one sitting. I couldn't put them down and the cliffhangers they both end on made me want more. I can't emphasize on how addictive these novellas are and I need the 3rd one NOOOWW. Why did Colleen and Tarryn torture us readers like thattt?!!!


My favorite of the characters was definitely Silas, he was smart and very attractive. He always kept his shit together and had his moments. Charlie, I liked, but she was kind of dumb by the end of this and did some stuff that greatly angered me. 

Overall, I LOVED this book! It is soo gripping from the very first page and I was super intrigued by it. It is quite Mara Dyer-esque to me and I loved it SO much. Def RECOMMEND ITTT!!!!


Spoiler Alert: don't read the summary or proceed further than here if you haven't read the first book because the summary/ what is coming next might spoil you. 

Goodreads Summary:

“Never forget that I was your first real kiss. Never forget that you’ll be my last. 

And never stop loving me between all of them. 

Never stop, Charlie. Never forget.” 

Silas races against time as more truths unravel, while others twist tighter together. And now, the stakes are higher as Silas’ control slips and others begin to point fingers. Charlie is in trouble and he must be the one to bridge the chasm between their past and their present. Because somewhere between I love yous and Never Nevers and Never Agains, a truth they can't imagine, beckons to be found.
“Where are you, Charlie?”

Looooved this book as well! Not as much as the first one because I still am not satisfied and didn't get the answers I wanted, but it was amazing. It also ended on a terrible cliffhanger and I NEED THE THIRD ONE!! When is it coming out? does anybody know? 




SPOILERS of book 1 & 2
(highlight to view)

The frustration of knowing what happened to them killed me. We still didn't know what happened to both of them, but the revelation of it happening to them every 24 hours was insane! It kept me dying for book 2 and when I didn't get some answers I wanted to throw my phone across the room and drown in my sorrows. I was super annoyed with the authors for doing this to us. 

The parents in these book are so dumb. Charlie's mom is an alcoholic and is a jerk to her daughters and she was so out of this world. Literally. I hate seeing such careless mothers, but it made me feel for her children and I get why they act out all the time, with their dad in prison, I'm guessing it is really hard on them and I saw that. Especially since Charlie is THAT attached to her dad. I didn't like the relationship between Charlie and Janette because it reminded me of mine and my sisters. We never get along and we are always fighting and teasing each other. Little do we know, we actually need each other through thick and thin and that's how it should go. 

Silas' dad was a huge a-hole. He was abusive and had anger issues, he put Charlie's dad in trouble and made his sons hate him which is by far the worst thing that can ever happen to a parent. I loved how Silas paid him back by taking the documents, it backfired on Charlie, but at least he helped her and that is such loyalty that amazes me. 

I hated the cheating aspects of both Charlie and Silas. I didn't get why Charlie would do that, but I guess that Silas was doing it because Avril was Brian's sister and he wanted to pay him back by screwing his sister I believe. He wanted to know stuff about Brian and Charlie from his sister, it doesn't justify using Avril and his disloyalty, but it's kind of cute. 

I loved the tattoos that they both have of each other's names. It is so cute, I can't. Such commitment and true love even though they both are cheaters, but I think they always wind up together no matter what the circumstances. 

Okay Cora and Janice are SO creepy! I don't know why they held Charlie captive and why does Charlie represent such a huge scare factor to her friends? Why are they scared of her? I still don't get it. And why would the shrimp do that? I pieced that her memory loss happened when the shrimp dropped her books, I think she has a hand in what has happened, granted that her mom is a tarot card reader and such. My guess is that Cora jinxed them both to seek revenge on Charlie and maybe Silas' dad asked for a hoax on them to make them forget each other or something? I would expect that from him. 

I need to see some of their back stories and the fued between their parents, that would be epic! Their romance is so sweet! And I LOOOVE Silas' brother♥

Have you read these books?! Please comment down below your thoughts :)

Have a great day!



3 comments:

  1. I've only read a book by Colleen Hoover (Slammed) and I was sadly not impressed. In fact, it annoyed the hell out of me and although I own Maybe Someday and I wanna read it because everybody says it's her best book, I'm not sure I will pick up anything else by her even though you compared Never, Never to Mara Dyer and I actually really enjoyed that trilogy; I don't think her stories are for me at all. Oops! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOOO don't!! I actually haven't read slammed, but her books are amazing I promise! I started reading Maybe Someday first and fell in love, it made me feel so many things and then I read Ugly Love and disliked it. I then read Confess and fell in love all over again. Then these two books happened and I loved them as well!

      I really want you to give her a go! She's amazing I promise. If you didn't like Maybe Someday then she's not your type of author, but I'm sure you will! :)♥

      Delete
  2. I can tell you that never never is totally worth your time I finished the three books between yesterday and this morning

    ReplyDelete

You comments make my day! So thank youuu :) <3

Follow
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...