TOP TEN TUESDAY is a weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
I completely failed at this.. the original title for this was: Top Ten Inspiring Quotes from Books, but I failed at that. Most of these aren't inspiring, but they touch me in a way that no other quotes from books did. These were the ones I was able to find on Goodreads. There are some other quotes that I love, of course, but I was too lazy to go through my books and the pages that I've marked to type them in here. So maybe I'll do another post in the future about my all-time favorite book quotes.
Anyway, here are 10 quotes that I really liked from books. :)
These pictures are all my favorite quotes from Looking for Alaska by John Green. This book is my favorite John Green book and one of the books that mean a lot to me. It's definitely up there as one of my favorites along with many others.
1. “If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
2. “We accept the love we think we deserve.”
― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower
3. “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
4. “Not all those who wander are lost.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
5. “What I need is the dandelion in the spring. The bright yellow that means rebirth instead of destruction. The promise that life can go on, no matter how bad our losses. That it can be good again.”
― Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay
6. “I spent my life folded between the pages of books.
In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”
― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me
7. “I have hated words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right.”
― Markus Zusak, The Book Thief
8. “She burned too bright for this world.”
― Emily Brontë, Wuthering Heights
9. “Cruelty isn't a personality trait. Cruelty is a habit.”
― Rick Yancey, The 5th Wave
10. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
― H. Jackson Brown Jr., P.S. I Love You
That will be it! If you want my reasoning behind these quotes, you can ask me in the comments below and I'd LOVE to know your favorite book quotes, so make sure you tell me in the comments! :)
Have an amazing day or night everybody!