0 Comments

Friday, September 12, 2014

Book Review: Whisper by Stacey R. Campbell (Lakeview #2)

Goodreads:

It's Halle Henry’s first year at Lakeview Academy . . .

On a snowy January night, just days after a fire that nearly destroyed the school’s library, Elsie Stewart, daughter of the headmaster and founder of Lakeview Academy, dies slipping beneath the ice of frozen Clearwater Lake. Unable to right the wrongs she committed before her tragic death, Elsie’s spirit walks the halls of her father’s school, waiting for someone who can.
One hundred years later, while joining her sister’s friend Leigh to help clean out the school’s administration building before the big remodel, Halle stumbles upon Elsie’s hidden journal.
Obsessed with what she finds, Halle searches the school for clues that may lead to solving a century-old mystery. The only problem is that Halle also talks Calum Stewart, Leigh’s worst nightmare, into helping them.
Once Leigh and Calum are forced work together, sparks fly and no one around them, alive or dead, is left unaffected.



I received this book as an ARC from NetGalley, all opinions are my own- honest-.

I would like to clarify that this is the second book in the duology but this book can be read as a stand-alone novel, that's what I did.

I found this book compelling for many reasons, 1. I wanted an easy, quick read. 2. I love ghosts. 3. I love me some high school romance. 4. I LOVE the cover. It took me a day to get through this book, you couldn't simply just let it down.. or I wouldn't be writing this review at 3 am.

I've never ready anything by Stacey R. Campbell before, but I'm intrigued by her writing style, her words made me feel everything going on in the book. She also perfectly portrayed Leigh and Calum's love story. The ending of this book made me so emotional, it's the happiest ending ever. I usually don't like happy endings because they're unrealistic, but this one made me smile.

Whisper is the perfect mix of high-school cutesy romance to a hair-raising experience with a ghost to friendship and happiness.

I recommend this to everyone, if you're looking for a quick, happy book, choose this one. Besides, have you looked at the cover? It's the perfect cover for the story and the title is mysterious.

Please comment if you've read Whisper or have any book recommendations for me. Have an awesome day everyone! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

You comments make my day! So thank youuu :) <3

Follow
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...